Live circuit warning indicators save lives!
REMLIVE electrical safety positive isolation or live line indicators (RL24IC) have been keeping workplaces in Australia and New Zealand safe for more than a decade. This indicator provides a visual reminder that a circuit is live, which reduces the risk of accidents, protects assets, speeds up the fault-finding process and ultimately saves lives.
The primary function of a REMLIVE positive isolation or live line indicator is to provide visual confirmation of correct isolation. The REMLIVE product is typically connected to the outgoing side of the isolation point and between the load so that the user performing the isolation check can view the positive change of state after isolation. This is important, as even after isolation has occurred, hazardous voltage levels can still be present in the circuit and be unsafe for the operator who is exposed to the installation. The REMLIVE product assists in this regard by providing visual indication if hazardous voltage levels are still present or not when an isolator has been switched.
It is important to note that other safety isolation and testing procedures still apply before interfacing with the switchboard or control panel.
The REMLIVE positive isolation/live line indicator is supplied with three major components - a DIN rail mount main panel unit, a door display mount unit and a RJ45 cable to connect the main panel unit with the door display. The main panel unit is simply mounted to DIN rail - typically inside the switchboard or control panel assembly - and is typically connected at the load side of the isolating switch. The panel unit connects directly to the door mount display unit via a RJ45 cable, and both the main panel and door display units are electrically isolated from one another.
The door display unit is designed to fit through the front of a control panel or switchboard so that the user can clearly see the live voltage/isolation status via the LEDs. The bright flashing LEDs on the display unit are designed to attract the attention of the user, indicating that hazardous voltage levels are still present and that no direct contact should be made with equipment in the panel until complete isolation has been established.
All three phases (L1, L2, L3) and neutral are represented individually by LEDs on the display which can assist with fault finding and enables the operator to quickly view if the three phases and neutral are live. Low voltage (3.8V DC) to the door display unit also ensures maximum safety to the operator who comes into contact with the display.
Features of the REMLIVE positive isolation/live line indicator include:
- Provides visual confirmation of correct isolation
- Broad range of voltages monitored: 24-1000V AC & 26-1000V DC
- 1000V AC Cat III and 690V AC Cat IV configurations
- 1000V DC Cat III and 600V DC Cat IV configurations
- Install in new or existing control panels with ease:
- 30.5mm door mount unit
- 22.5mm wide DIN-rail mount display unit
- Compliance with IEC 60204 – Safety of Machines
- Super bright flashing LEDs to grab users’ attention
- Consistent flash rate, every second
- Dual redundant internal surge protection
- Maintenance free
- Fully IP 66 certified, ensuring your switchboard maintains its overall ingress protection rating
- Housed in a robust V0 rated enclosure, selected for its durability and protective, insulation and zero halogen properties.